Free writing assistance is available for all
undergraduate and graduate students in Arts, Sciences,
and Engineering at Tufts. Graduate
Writing Consultants work with undergraduate and
graduate students to plan, draft and revise papers.
Consultations are also available for longer writing
projects such as senior theses and dissertations. Before booking your
first appointment, please read our
FAQ and familarize yourself with our policies.
To book an appointment, log into
SIS, click on the gear icon, and choose "Webcenter
and Tutor Finder" from the drop-down menu. When you get
to Tutor Finder, click "View Available Tutoring
Subjects," then click "Writing for any class," and
reserve the time you want.
Writing Consultants also hold drop-in Hours (no
appointment needed!) during the fall and spring
semesters at these times and locations:
- Tisch Library (Room 224): Sundays through
- Africana Center: Mondays, 4pm-6pm
- Women's Center: Wednesdays, 7pm-9pm
What We Offer
For Graduate Students:
Policies and Limitations
- ARC services are open to any undergrad or grad
student in Arts, Sciences, and Engineering on the
Medford Campus only. Due
to administrative and budgetary restrictions, we
regret that the ARC is unable to offer services to
graduate students enrolled in Tufts
Click here for
alternate resources for Fletcher and the Boston and
- Appointments are limited to
one session per day and three sessions per week. Students are limited to 15 hours of writing tutoring per semester.
- Students must give at least six hours' notice if they need to cancel an appointment with a writing consultant. Any student who cancels with short notice or who does not show for an appointment must to wait a full week before making another appointment.
If a student is regularly a no-show, we reserve the right to
suspend that student's use of our services for the remainder of the semester.
- Consultants will only work with a student on a take-home exam IF the student presents written permission from the professor
at the time of the appointment and makes it clear when signing up for the appointment that the assignment is a take-home exam.
- Making an appointment for another student or
bringing another student's work to a writing
tutoring session is expressly forbidden.
The student attending the session must be the same
student who booked the appointment and must bring
his/her own paper. Violating this rule may result in
a suspension of ARC services as well as disciplinary
- In the case of group writing projects,
one student may make the appointment but the entire
group should attend (unless the individual student
only wants to work on his/her contributions).